Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Mixed Mania in Florida



Hello from Florida. Its amazing! Vacation is so quiet and time does go slower. You have fewer things to fret about doing. I find that I am missing having my pet with me.
This the cute little Pool beside our little yellow cottage at Madeira Beach, Florida.



I have been doing some stitching in the evening on this embellished piece consisting of scraps from my challenge piece for The Thread Studio. I think I'll call it Cascade, I love doing the varigated French knots using pearl cotton and embroidery floss.



I spent an afternoon painting papers with watercolour paints and watercolour crayons. I had just finished reading one of my Christmas presents: Mixed Mania by Cheryl Prater and Debbi Crane. Good Book and lots of ideas to try!



I will cut up some of the papers for other projects. Following are two pages I did in my ongoing sketchbook.



Lastly, a view of the Gulf of Mexico at sunset. That's Hubby walking on the beach.


Until next time, keep stitching!

2 comments:

kaiteM said...

very zen photo, you could do something with that. K.

Maggi said...

Love the stitched piece. lots of gorgeous hand stitching which is just the thing to do when you are relaxing on holiday.