Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Busy but Creative Life



Its been crazy for me lately. Self doubt can breed procrastination and sometimes panic! The postcard samples above are for a workshop I am teaching on Saturday for the Yorkshire Rose Quilt Guild. I want to be at my best but fear of the unknown is sometimes overwhelming. I have two days to get ready, that should be enough time!



I haven't had any time to work on my class with Susan Sorrell, but here is my Symbol piece almost finished, made completely with painted Peltex 70. Very hard on the fingers when doing all the embroidery. These are all beach symbols a memory of my time at Madeira Beach.




My group, the Material Girls had a great time using Shiva Paint sticks on fabric. I really liked the foamy stamps the best, they were so easy to work with. Stencils were fun too. I can see these pieces in a small art quilt or postcard.





Finally, a published author! This is from Fibre and Stitch issue 7, if you wish to purchase. http://www.fibreandstitch.com/ It is very special to see your name beside 'guest author'. Maybe more articles are in my future!




These are my February 4 x 4 Crazy Quilt swaps for Cloth, Paper Studios. I love to stitch small projects.





This is my grand niece, Maddie, at her baby shower. She did not like dressing up, but was very comfy in her sleeper with Piglet. I completed a red sampler with lots of machine quilting and a bit of embroidery. It looked very chic when I washed it and the batt shrunk up a bit.



All of this in one week. Not quite, I also attended two guild meetings. The Oakville Quilting Guild had a guest speaker, Anita Zobens presenting her knowledge of threads and at the Oakville Stitchery Guild we had a wearable art show and slides. It is so encouraging to be around so many enthusiastic stitchers and artists. I did turn down a couple of art related jobs, just couldn't fit them in. It's no wonder I have sleep apnea. If you are using a CPAP machine I would like to hear from you. I lasted half way through my first night. Well, I will try not to forget to blog next Tuesday night. If you need entertainment in your life, go see Slumdog Millionaire! Until next time, keep stitching!

2 comments:

kaiteM said...

all of that and more in one week - how many arms and hands do you have? it's all beautiful but i specially loved the (mini) crazy quilt swaps. K.

arlee said...

What Kaite said!
And don't you have a show coming up in April?