Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Before and After



The last two weeks have been busy as usual. Here is a photo of Oatis before the BIG Operation!




Here he is after, no worse for wear and all duded out in a red kerchief! Today's check up went well . He is all set to go.




This is my first paper stitchery mounted on a painted canvas. I just need to stitch it in place. I used the same method, using paper,crayon, paint, stitch witchery, fusible pellon. I machine stitched then hand stitched with added beads. I am very pleased with the results.




This is my first piece with all the embellishments completed. I just need to paint a wrapped canvas for it.




Button Cloth Doodle for a Cloth Paper Studio swap.



Go Green Cloth Doodle


More paper pieces ready for stitch.



I started embroidering my flower pounding piece I made last year with Kim Maticiw.


A felted piece waiting for some hand stitching.




I discovered this really old machine embroidery book at our guild. It was published in 1961! The year my baby sister was born. The drawings are amazing! I am practising in my sketchbook using Enid's drawings for inspiration. I hope to add some of these to my crayoned papers as design or in stitch.



Finally, I found an Ikea frame for the felted art I bought from Aileen Clarke. It is hanging up in the living room.

I also displayed my ATC's from My Embellish and Enrich Group on a memory Board my sister gave me.



My first spot is complete with all books in the bookcase next to an easy chair. I still want to buy an occasional table and a free standing lamp.


Well, I am off to a retreat to my cottage with my friends, The Material Girls, for stitching and relaxation with a bit of food and wine! Hope you are having a warm and inspiring July!













2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna - I love your cloth doodles. Please post pics to the group so everyone can enjoy them. Have fun at your retreat!
Hugs,
Marci
P.S. I added you to my list of inspirational links.

Maggi said...

Lovely work as usual Donna. I really like the way you have displayed the ATCs. I am sure Oatis will soon forget (even if he never forgives you!) Maggi