Friday, January 29, 2010

Creative Cue and more Fertile Earth Lessons

This week's Creative Cue: Rolling
Completed early in the morning, when I was having trouble sleeping. Might as well be creative!

Lesson 2 Fertile Earth: Buds and Flowers
Preliminary stitching on a background of fabric, cheesecloth and tulle. More to come!



Lesson 3: Fungus and Weeds, Painting on Organza



Lesson 3: Painting on fabric and cheesecloth, free motion circles, hand stitching is started. I can't wait to see it all come together!




Lesson 4: Trees and Shrubs, my Ginkgo leaf painting through chiffon.



Lesson 4: Thread Sandwich, free motion stitched
Are you curious?
I am preparing all my backgrounds first to take with me on my trip to Florida in a week. I hope to do lots of hand embroidery while sitting around the pool. I am finding each lesson very exciting to undertake. When I think I know what I am doing, Susan ( Creative Chick) surprises me!

My friends and I have joined a teaching Embroidery Guild in Guelph. I am enjoying the cheerful camaraderie and the new friends I am making. This term's project is Mini Landscapes. Ruth is the teacher and a very talented embroiderer. This photo shows the landscape I have chosen to attempt.


Here is my beginning diagram, to create a pattern to begin my stitching.

I had delightful play date today with the Material Girls. We were carving our own stamps from erasers and soft lino blocks. I'd forgotten how much fun it is to do relief printmaking. Next time we will use our blocks to print on fabric. I am getting excited about our upcoming holiday and leaving the brutal cold behind! I've checked out the locations for shopping at Joanne's fabrics. One store is very close to our destination. I will also make a stop at my favourite shop, the Fabric Art Shop in Lake City, Florida. I can hardly wait! Until next time, happy stitching!








1 comment:

Maggi said...

Lovely backgrounds Donna. I am still busy stitching away at lesson 1 but I can see why you need top pre prepare yours ready for your holiday. That is a beautiful photo that you are going to transform.