Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Keeping Busy Creating!

Maddie ( 14 months) and Oatie at Great Grandma's house.
My Grand niece is so sweet and intelligent. We just love her to pieces!

Oatis is on a diet! Yes those treats , table scraps and cheese have increased his size and made him a fussy eater! The vet was clear about our new regiment and since Oatie hates the vet's food, he is FASTING. I think he will finally eat when he is hungry enough! This is preventative medicine. But it still cost us a pretty penny!
Stringalong Sampler, 100 blocks

Block One


Blocks 2 and 3



Block 4
My friend, Marci, from Cloth Paper Studio forum got me hooked on Stringalong. Instead of 39 blocks, I decided to do 100 blocks since that's how many I drew on the background. I am working on a spring theme with some of my favourite things, like Peaches! I stitch one block just before bedtime.


Lesson 2 of Fertile Earth

This is my stitchery finished except for the edges. I stretched and lightly ironed it. I am pleased with the colours and the satin stitching.

Nesting Pincushion


I just couldn't resist when I saw this project in Interweave' s Stitch magazine. I really enjoy this magazine as well as Quilting Arts and Cloth Paper Scissors. I hand needlefelted the top and eggs from some recycled felt and roving


Here is a side view, showing the leave fabric, I added extra hand stitching and my initials

Creative Cue - Shake


Creative Cue - Rich ( in colour and design)

I love Indian colours and designs for stitching. The inspiration for this came from Stitch Magazine from the Embroiderer's Guild. (UK)
I am currently working on a Fibre Art Tote Bag for a promotion and silent auction for the Milton Mall where our Fine Arts Gallery is found. Photos soon,
Keep stitching!









3 comments:

Maggi said...

Oh dear, nothing worse than animals who are being fussy.
Your Stringalong blocks are looking good and I love the Fertile Earth piece. I really must try to get past Lesson 1! That Indian inspired piece is so gorgeous -which issue did you find it in? And such a cute pincushion.

Karen M said...

I Like your Creative Cues. The motion on the shake sketch was the perfect detail.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.