Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Auction Eco Tote, Good Earth!

I was lucky to be asked to make a Auction Tote Bag for a silent auction at the Milton Mall. The tote bags, with a season pass for the Halton Conservation parks, are displayed outside the New AM Gallery at the Milton Mall. I decided to use my eco recycled art designs for the front of the tote bag. My signature red and green leaf is on the right side of the bag. I was inspired by a tote on the front of the Stitch Magazine by Interweave Press.

Here is a close up with the words: recycle, reuse and repurpose. The bag was mostly made of scraps of fabric from a costume maker in Toronto. I did add some of my eco fabric, Green Planet by Debbie Mumm.

I machine embroidered my purple tree on some hand painted fabric, which really was the drop cloth fabric from a former project.


This is the back of the bag with my signature and personal symbol. I called the bag, 'good Earth'.


TA DA! Finished! I also appliqued a bird on one of the silk strips of fabric. This is another personal favourite symbol of mine! This bag was very hard to donate, but it is going to a very good cause, the Halton Learning Foundation. The final day will be April 24Th, come out to see our totes at the Milton Mall and bid, of course!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to come out and see but it's a little too far. Your bag is so lovely that I can see how it was hard to let it go. I hope a lot of money is raised.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Fabulous bag, I always love your work.