Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sandra's Open Studio

This is my young friend Sandra, a very talented Mixed media artist and president of the Milton Fine Arts Society. We are learning all about altered photos at her home studio. She holds open studio once a week at her Brookville home, outside of Milton.
My first altered photo of my niece, Emily, with Sandra's two daughters.

The studio!!



Another altered Photo of my art work using a bleach pen


Sandra's organized studio
I am continuing to go to the open studio each week. I have experimented with decorated and painted papers, collage and making an art Journal so far. I have made several trips to art stores to buy medium, brushes and lots of paint. I also like to buy old or discontinued books for pages to alter. It is lovely just to play while doing art!




3 comments:

Anne Marie - Toronto said...

Sandra has a great studio! You're so lucky to be able to go. I want to do more playing with altering photos. I did start a while ago, but decided I needed a better printer before I went any further

Maggi said...

What a beautiful setting for a studio. Your altered photos are impressive.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

This looks like it was a fantastic workshop and love the studio space. I always enjoy seeing when you've a new post; such fun and inspiration!