Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Long Time Away


Dear Friends,
I have been all consumed by many things these days. One is above. This is my new puppy, O'Guy ( Oggi). The name was my husband's idea. He keeps us very busy these days.
Next, I got an iphone! Wow a computer in my hand and I am following many artists on Facebook. That keeps me busy.
Taking my turn to visit my mom at the retirement home and helping to care for her needs is all consuming and a worry.
In the spring I did a huge commission of fibre art that took care of all my art time. Hugely rewarding.
Summer sees us busy looking after the family cottage. I did venture to Muskoka for an art retreat in July. We did Indigo dying in a lovely setting.
I am  busy sewing for studio tour these days, finishing up projects that I can sell.
I am  really retired now I have given up my school teaching job, I will miss it. On the other hand, I will do some teaching at the Art centre. I will continue to teach embroidery classes at my home that I started in May until I got Shingles!
So that is it in a nut shell!
More to come.

1 comment:

Maggi said...

How could you not find yourself being consumed by this sweetie, such lovely eyes.

Enjoy your retirement, it seems like you have a lot lined up to fill the free hours. Are you able to show a photo of your commission?

I'm sorry to hear that your mother is causing you worry. I hope all goes well.